Monday, February 11, 2008

Mixology Makeup - Yes, I Use Other People's Makeup!

Although I make and sell the exact same thing on Etsy, it is still nice for someone else to pamper me for a change! With that said, I will be giving you the scoop on my fellow competitor's stuff!

I happened to do a search one day, and saw to my surprise that there were other mineral makeup sellers on Etsy. HAHAHAHA! Now it's my turn to see what's in all those jars!! I wanted to try a new scrub. New Makeup. I wanted to feel new textures. Why not? So I started to snoop around in other people's stores and I bought from several sellers. I will be blogging about them as well. Stay tuned.

First up is MixologyMakeup.etsy.com.

Rae has been in makeup like the rest of us at a very young age, when we used to try on Mom's lipstick or in her case, with her babysitter, who just so happened to be a makeup artist who was caring for all boys, at the time, so Rae was a sitting duck. Not surprisingly, she learned very early how to put on her lip liner at the age of six without a mirror. She shares:

"I was hooked and I continued in theatre and film and weddings and anything other event people would let me do makeup for!

A few years back I looked into starting a makeup line and discovered that having a company make it and package it is very expensive and what I would have to sell it for, I wouldn't even buy. So began the research and the learning process of making mineral makeup and Mixology was born! I am in love with what I do!"





http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9244161 = Suga Smakk Lip Scrub



She can be currently seen in Figure Magazine - Buzzworthy Items Women MUST Know! To celebrate the wonderful buzz Mixology is receiveing, she wants to share her blessings and will be donating 5% of all her sales to Blood:Water Mission (http://www.bloodwatermission.com/)




She shares: "We are fortunate enough to never think about where to get pure water only what pure water to choose. Did you know $1 = 1 year of clean water for an African!




The 1000 Wells Project is building 1000 wells and clean water projects in 1000 African communities. Businesses, churches, schools, artists and individuals are collecting funds so they can sponsor the construction of wells in Africa. In the process, they are learning about how HIV/AIDS affects African communities, and what it means to partner humbly with communities to pursue transformation. Thank you for purchasing makeup so we can donate to Change Lives."




Mixology Makeup is the healthy makeup alternative that will help improve the quality of your skin. NO cheap fillers, NO chemicals, NO synthetic dyes (the culprits for most allergic reactions). Virtually water resistant, anti-inflammatory, great coverage for acne & rosacea, won't clog pores so your skin can breathe, natural SPF, light weight, & dry ingredients so bacteria does not grow. Bismuth & Carmine Free! All organic and a great choice for Vegans!

Mixology is all handmade and free of chemicals, her micas are free of dyes, skin irritants like Bismuth, and truly as natural as you can get! Like other ruputable mineral makeup companies, Mixology can help improve the quality of your skin!

So I ordered a sampler kit from her and I have to agree with the feedback from her clients:

- "I just have to scream....Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so excited about your great product!

- "I have been watching as my face has been clearing up. I know that your makeup has been making all the difference. It has such great coverage and is so light."

- "A sheer delight to work with. Fast communication and extremely helpful. Products are A++. Very lightweight make up that rivals the big names. I'm a customer for life, you should be too!"

- "This is the best makeup I've ever used! It feels and looks so natural!! Thank you!"

- "If you like Bare Minerals, you will LOVE Mixology! The coverage is amazing and goes on like silk! LOVE IT!"
---------
Truely, this list can go on and on....and it does. I, myself, also have actors who seek my company out for that same 'magic' so this next testimony about Rae and Mixology couldn't be more true:

"Everything from Mixology is better than retail. Her colors are thoroughly mixed and go on like a dream. Colors last and last." I'm a performer and I absolutely love Mixology Makeup. The colors have a lot of pigment which is very hard to find. I can honestly say that the eye shadows I like better than Mac and Lancome."

"I was surprised that a smaller company could offer up so much competition in a market filled with big namers. I was very skeptical of the coverage a mineral makeup could offer and it looks and covers better than your standard foundation powder ritual. I'm a connoisseur of makeup and I would recommend everyone giving mixology a try."




I couldn't have said it better. Her catchy names, fun pictures of her models make it impossible for you NOT to look around her listings and be able to resist. I am happy to say that I've found a great new lip gloss-and friend.

2 comments:

fg said...

How ridiculous if your makeup is the best like you say, what the hell would you use someone elses for?

Mineral Magic Cosmetics said...

Because if you are friends with someone and you support your friends or just like to be pampered yourself, why not?

Why be so closed minded?