Monday, February 11, 2008

Giving Credit Where It's Due To Another Fellow Mineral Makeup Seller On Etsy

Here is another mineral makeup vendor on Etsy. Her name is Maria, and she is the creator of BeautybySaria.etsy.com. She was more than willing to help me out, answer questions and also was very friendly. So much, in fact, that we share suppliers, secrets and ideas.

This former Registered Nurse was passionate about her work, but her creative heart took over. Her desire to help people feel and look good shifted from the inside to the outside! She was always creative and missed having that opportunity.

"Being able to create different looks and styles is what led me to taking on my latest adventure- Mineral Makeup. It actually started from a desire to find a mineral makeup line for myself- as the benefits of wearing natural makeup are well documented. So I was searching for an affordable mineral make-up line, and was shocked to discover that true natural mineral make up is very hard to come by.





Most of the popular brands, besides being expensive, included Bismuth Oxychloride in their formularies. Bismuth has some great properties- it helps with smoothness or slip, and adherance of make up, but it also is a well documented irritant and allergen. Chemically speaking, bismuth is nearly identical in structure as arsenic - you know, rat poison. No wonder it's irritaing! Rubbing arsenic on my face wasn't exactly my idea of natural.

In my quest to find a true, natural mineral make up line, I decided that the only way to really know what I was putting on my face was to make the make up myself. I should tell you that I have very sensitive and dry skin, and at the age of 33 I had yet to find a foundation that didn't cause major breakouts, rashes or increase the dryness of my already parched skin."

After some long hours researching ingredients, recipes and manufacturers, she finally started mixing her own makeup line! As soon as she started wearing her customized mineral makeup, people started to notice.

"Everyone was suddenly complementing me on my skin and make up. When I told them I made it myself, they wanted to know if I could make some for them. And so beauty by Saria was born!

My passion for helping people feel good and look great is my motivation behind everything I do. I truly believe that natural mineral make up is the best and only type of products that should be used on your skin. So whether it's my line, or someone else’s, I hope you do what's best for your skin!


Whether in nursing or cosmetology, I have always found that the best way I can help people is to educate them about their skin, hair and health. In my experience, once people understand how their skin and hair works, and know why certain products work or don't work, they are able to make educated and informed decisions about their product choices."



She truly wants to give her clients the tools they need to have and maintain young, healthy skin, so please don't hesitate to convo her with any questions you may have.

Working with Maria is fun for me. It is so refreshing to have such excellent communication with someone who's not afraid to share ideas and even offers to go in together on the cost of supplies so that both we and the clients can save money. She's very friendly, down-to-earth, easily approachable and modest, too. And her products ROCK!


http://beautybysaria.etsy.com

1 comment:

Regina said...

How nice! I am glad you worked together to benefit both shops!