Thursday, November 8, 2007

About Elements by Dawn



About Dawn:

I’ve been crafting most of my life. Most of my crafting centered on projects I could do with my children. Holiday themed crafts were at the center of our attention. However, in recent years I really immersed myself into jewelry design and metalwork. I’m primarily self-taught, though I have taken a number of workshops offered through local programs.


Her inspirations: Anything can inspire me! Sometimes a pattern in the clouds, a good movie (or even a bad one!), architecture, paint chips at the hardware store, friends, family, and occasionally other works of art can inspire me. I love the works created in the Art Deco era. I’m drawn to pattern, bold lines, elegant shapes, and interesting texture. My obsession with circles and spheres is evident in most of my designs.


How she advertises: I advertise with a blog, business cards, I participate in promo swaps, I recently had some postcards printed which will be mailed early next month. I also participate in numerous forums and other networking sites.


Her favorite item: My all time favorite piece was an Argentium tarnish-resistant bracelet I made. The bracelet was so sleek yet very bold.Advice –


Whether your craft/art is a business or hobby, never sacrifice quality workmanship! To do so reflects poorly on your character.




www.circlecircledotdot.com (coming soon),


www.elementsbydawn.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Elements by Dawn said...

Thanks for the write-up!

SimplySaidBySarah said...

Just wanted to say hi and tell you I featured you on my blog today! Hope you have a great night!

(PS: Timmy- I love your smelly jelly! keep up the good work!)